Boy who died in house fire Thursday identified
The boy who died in the house fire in the 8900 block of Ranger Court Thursday has been identified as 4-year-old Bryce William Adams of Prescott Valley.
At 12:20 p.m. Monday, Central Yavapai firefighters and Prescott Valley police answered a call about smoke coming from a home and a young boy trapped in his bedroom, said Sgt. Brandon Bonney, spokesman for the Prescott Valley Police Department.
The boy's mother and her boyfriend got out of the burning double-wide mobile home, and the boyfriend broke the window to the boy's bedroom and reached inside near the boy's bed to try to get him out, but he couldn't find him, said Charlie Cook, spokesman for Central Yavapai Fire District.
Firefighters removed the unconscious boy from the home and began medical treatment on the scene, Cook said.
The boy, his mom and the boyfriend, who had lacerations all over his arms, were transported together to Yavapai Regional Medical Center's east campus where emergency room staff tried to save the boy's life, but he was later pronounced dead, Bonney said.
The Yavapai County Medical Examiner's Office is awaiting toxicology results before its autopsy report will be complete, Bonney said.
After police and fire investigations are complete, they will be reviewed to determine if any charges will be filed in this case, which is a standard procedure when a child dies, Bonney said.
The family has set up the Bryce William Adams donation account with Wells Fargo Bank, Bonney said. For more information, log on to www.brycewilliamadams.com.