Originally Published: May 11, 2009 11:46 p.m.
PRESCOTT - Police arrested 31-year-old Prescott resident Daniel Johnson Wednesday on charges of failing to register as a sex offender.
Undercover officers had been looking for Johnson and, while doing surveillance, recognized him as a passenger in a vehicle they stopped.
Sex offenders have 72-hours to notify local police of their whereabouts when they move, police said in a press release.
Police booked Johnson into jail where authorities set a $7,500 cash bond for his release pending a court hearing on Thursday.
Police also arrested 29-year-old Prescott resident Sarah Garrity, who was driving the vehicle Johnson was in, on charges of driving under the influence. Police said they smelled marijuana in the vehicle when they made the stop.
Police cited and released Garrity.
More like this story
- Police arrest sex offender targeting minors at town park
- Prescott police nab convicted sex offender
- Police arrest local sex offender for possession of child pornographic images
- Chino Valley haunted house volunteer was sex offender; faces new charges after texting girl
- Sex offender arrested for assaulting YCSO deputies, escaping