Originally Published: January 29, 2009 10:16 p.m.
PRESCOTT VALLEY - The Glassford Hill Apartment complex here is expanding with 68 units in the next phase.
MT Builders of Scottsdale began the two-story project in December and is expected to complete it in September, said Edward Ruwaldt, operations manager at the apartment complex. The complex is located off Glassford Hill and Spouse roads and contains 150 one- and two-bedroom units.
Ruwaldt said the timing is right despite the housing slump because a demand exists for the apartment units.
"We definitely see an influx" of potential tenants seeking one- and two-bedroom units, he said while adding, "Right now, we don't have a waiting list."
He cited amenities, noting some of the units will have attached garages. He added the contractor will extend nearby Iron King Trail from Glassford Hill Road to Lone Cactus Drive.
The expansion began in the same month - December - that the Town of Prescott Valley issued no building permits for single-family homes. The town issued four building permits for the expansion in December, Community Development Director Richard Parker said.
Parker said he is "absolutely" pleased with the expansion, adding it will help meet the need for affordable housing in Prescott Valley.
More like this story
- Prescott Valley apartment complex expanding by 68 units
- Luxury PV apartments pushing for December move-in date
- <I>Living with resort-style amenities</I><BR>Prescott Valley's newest complex<BR>begins renting
- <I>Homes just keep on sprouting</I><BR>Tri-cities, county see steady growth in 2003, expect same in '04
- WESCAP expanding PV's affordable rental empire