Originally Published: February 23, 2009 8:27 p.m.
Yavapai County deputies arrested two Paulden residents Saturday on charges of burglary and theft in stealing a guitar valued at more than $10,000, deputies said in a Monday press release.
Deputies booked Thomas Stephens, 20, and Calvin Hornsby, 18, into the Prescott Detention Center and released a 16-year-old allegedly involved in the crime to his mother.
The guitar disappeared from the home of a man who lives in the 300 block of Bermuda Lane in Paulden, the release said. It did not name the man.
Witnesses described a car seen at the man's home while he was away as being an older orange Ford painted to look like a taxi cab. The unusual description of the vehicle led deputies to a home in the 800 block of Rio Trail where they eventually recovered the guitar undamaged.
More like this story
- Two Paulden men, a juvenile face possible charges in theft of $10,000 guitar
- Chino, Paulden residents face charges related to stolen truck, dismantling it
- Prescott Valley man arrested and charged with theft of fenders and other items
- Man allegedly stole space heaters from vacationers' home
- Police arrest two Paulden teens in residential burglary