Originally Published: December 1, 2009 10:33 p.m.
Pictured is Major Dan Goligoski, who is currently on leave from Afghanistan. While serving in Afghanistan, he expressed a need for knitted hats for the soldiers to wear under their helmets. His mother, a resident of Prescott, contacted the Sunshine Stitchers, a group under GFWC The Monday Club Inc. The Stitchers responded and handmade knitted hats were shipped to Afghanistan.
Major Dan Goligoski took time to visit the Sunshine Stitchers and to thank them for the knitted hats. He talked about the condition of both the people and the country.
More like this story
- Local women knit caps for soldiers in Afghanistan
- Prescott war hero devoted to giving back to his hometown that instilled in him his patriotic values
- Group finishes helmet liners for troops
- Engagement: Janelle Hicks and Stan Goligoski
- Deployed Prescott soldiers send American flag from Afghanistan to honor Hotshots