Originally Published: November 22, 2008 9:58 p.m.
PRESCOTT - This past Wednesday, Prescott police detectives arrested a mother and her boyfriend on charges of suspicion of child neglect after claiming the man assaulted and injured the woman's 1-year-old son.
Officers booked the boyfriend, Raymond R. Farradzs, 24, into Yavapai County Jail on suspicion of alleged child abuse and depravation of medical attention after they say he repeatedly hit the youngster in the face.
Police arrested the boy's mother, Audry L. Graveline, 19, on charges of suspicion of felony depravation of medical attention related to the incident and later booked her into jail.
On Nov. 17, police say they received information that the boy suffered injuries at a trailer on Lorraine Drive in Prescott.
The caller who reported the information said she thought the child was hurt the day before.
When officers responded to the trailer, they found that Farradzs and Graveline had already fled with the injured baby.
Two days later, Yavapai County Sheriff's deputies found the suspects and the child in Paulden.
Officers say the baby had a possible broken nose and both of his eyes were swollen and black. They later took him to Yavapai Regional Medical Center for treatment.
More like this story
- Prescott police make arrest on child abuse charges
- Black Canyon City man arrested on charges of sexual assault
- Chino man arrested on aggravated assault, child abuse charges
- Young Peoria girl found safe, non-custodial father arrested
- Prescott Valley man arrested after allegedly attacking girlfriend, badly injuring her