Originally Published: February 10, 2008 7:24 p.m.
Carm and Keith Staker of Prescott Valley celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on Dec. 28. Their family honored them with an open house on Aug. 5 at the Woodward Methodist Church, Woodward, Iowa, where they were married on Dec. 28, 1947. About 150 family members and friends attended the open house.
The couple married after Keith received his discharge from the U.S. Navy and Carm graduated from nursing school. They farmed in Woodward until their move to Prescott Valley in 1979.
They are the proud parents of Sandy Staker, Prescott Valley, Julie (John) Kiley of Woodward and Jay (Dea) Staker of Huxley, Iowa. They are the proud grandparents of one grandson, three granddaughters, two great-granddaughters and three great-grandsons.
More like this story
- Obituary: William Keith Staker
- World War II veteran, long-time Prescott Valley resident Keith Staker dies
- 60th Anniversary: Dan and Joyce Rockrich
- 60th Anniversary: Melvin and Shirley Chamberlin will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary on Aug. 6, 2015.
- 60th wedding anniversary: Bob and Betty Wright