Originally Published: September 22, 2007 9:47 p.m.
The Daily Courier
PRESCOTT - Prescott Fire Department and Central Yavapai Fire District firefighters on Saturday needed just 20 minutes to knock down a structure fire in the 900 block of Hemlock Avenue at Camp Pinerock off Copper Basin Road.
Prescott Fire public information officer Jeff Jones said investigators believe a lightning strike caused the fire inside an unoccupied 800-square-foot A-frame summer cabin located at the camp.
Prescott firefighters received a call at 10:45 a.m. and needed four engines to snuff out the blaze, the flames from which were shooting out the cabin's roof. It took crews an additional hour and a half to extinguish the fire's hot spots.
Jones said firefighters found no functioning smoke detectors in the cabin, which investigators estimate sustained $35,000 worth of damage.
More like this story
- Firefighters keep house fire from spreading to wildland
- Structure fire on Las Flores Avenue in Prescott Valley
- Investigation continues into fire off Manzanita Place in Prescott Friday night
- Engine crews make short work of deck fire
- Lightning sparks small wildfires in Prescott region; Doce fire 92 percent contained