Originally Published: December 26, 2007 8 p.m.
The board of the Yavapai Silent Witness is paying 12 successful callers a total of $2,600 during December.
The 12 cases that Partners Against Narcotics Trafficking, the Prescott Valley Narcotics Enforcement Team, the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office and the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office Special Crime unit worked netted 19 arrests on 44 felony charges. The police seized two stolen vehicles, three stolen guns, stolen sound equipment and about $7,000 worth of illegal drugs.
This month officials arrested 44 suspects in Rimrock, Cottonwood, Prescott Valley, Cordes Junction, Prescott, Chino Valley, Williamson Valley and Paulden.
The year-end statistics indicate that Silent Witness took approximately 800 calls in 2007 that landed 184 people in the Yavapai County jail. Yavapai Silent Witness paid the successful callers a total of $26,550 in cash rewards.
Police recovered stolen vehicles, handguns, rifles, illegal drugs, stolen credit cards, stolen checks, stolen motorcycles, stolen all-terrain vehicles, audio equipment and three machine guns.
More like this story
- Yavapai Silent Witness rewards 10 callers
- Calls to Silent Witness in 2006 lead to removal of piles of stolen goods, $3 million in drugs, from county streets
- Silent Witness pays out $3,000 in cash rewards
- Yavapai Silent Witness tips net 17 arrests; 6 callers rewarded
- Yavapai Silent Witness pays out $2,500 in rewards