The American Liver Foundation Arizona Chapter presents its annual Liver Education Conference Series on June 28 at the Northern Arizona VA Health Care System in Prescott.
This is an educational seminar to assist patients, their families and other parties learn more about liver disease, the latest advances in treatment of liver disease and practical information on how to cope with the disease and its symptoms.
Because of such startling statistics about the liver such as:
• Diseases of the liver afflict one in every 10 Americans.
• More than 2,500 children are diagnosed with liver diseases each year.
• Approximately 4 million Americans are afflicted with hepatitis C
• An estimated 70 percent are unaware that they carry the virus.
• Within the next 20 years, the hepatitis C epidemic is expected to cause more deaths annually than AIDS.
• More than 15,000 people are in need of a life-saving liver transplant nationwide.
It is essential for Americans to be educated about the severity of liver disease and the ways in which to reduce becoming infected.
Speakers for this event include Hepatologist, Dr. Kapil Chopra of the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale and Dietitian, Dr. Gwen Grossmiller of the Northern Arizona VA Health Care System.
Event location is at the Northern Arizona Health Care System, Building 14, room 228. The address is 500 N. Highway 89, Prescott. The event is scheduled to last about two hours. There is no registration fee, but pre-registration is encouraged to reserve your seat.
Register by phone or e-mail at 602-953-1800 or email@example.com.