Originally Published: January 22, 2005 7:10 a.m.
PRESCOTT – John Vincent Michael II admitted Friday to using drugs before he caused a June 1 car accident on Highway 69 that killed two women.
In a plea agreement that Yavapai County Superior Court Judge Janis Sterling accepted, Michael, 25, pleaded guilty to two felony counts of vehicular manslaughter under the influence of drugs (with two previous felony convictions) and three felony counts of endangerment.
As part of the plea agreement, the state will drop two felony charges of endangerment and four felony charges of criminal damage the state filed against Michael upon his June 5 arrest.
More like this story
- <b><I>Our readers speak . . . </b></i>
- Michael faces as long as 79 years in prison<BR><I>Previously admitted to drug use morning of Highway 69 collision</I>
- <I>John Vincent Michael case:</I><BR>Judge hands down 59-year sentence
- Judge sets trial for man facing charges in fatal accident
- Woman accepts deal in accident, could faces 20-plus years in prison