Originally Published: April 1, 2004 7 a.m.
People who live in Prescott already see its charm, but people across the nation will experience downtown's unique appeal on the silver screen in "Arizona Summer," a film directed by Joey Travolta and filmed in Prescott (downtown and on Mt. Vernon Street) and Tonto National Forest.
The film opens with beautiful shots of downtown Prescott, and several of the first scenes take place around the courthouse plaza. Although it's commonplace for Prescottonians and other local residents to walk in the grass around the courthouse, licking ice cream cones, there's a certain thrill seeing big-screen stars doing the same thing.
More like this story
- Novice film makers get their own 'screening'
- Local author mum on details of new 'Star Trek Into Darkness' film
- Summer blockbusters: Sequels dominate summer movie season
- Sci-fi fans, 'Star Trek' actors beam in for Prescott Mini-Fest
- Lili Debarbieri's latest book focuses on Arizona's rich history in film