Originally Published: October 5, 2003 10 a.m.
PRESCOTT – People can take measures throughout their lives to help avoid painful arthritic conditions when they're older, according to Richard Lane, M.D., which in turn will help prevent surgeries such as total knee or hip replacement.
"Ninety percent of joint replacement surgery we do is a direct result of normal 'wear and tear' arthritis (osteoarthritis)," Lane said.
More like this story
- Joint replacement can give patients with pain a new lease on life<BR>
- Column: Sporty seniors turn to joint replacement to sustain active lifestyle
- Planning puts you ahead after joint replacement surgery
- YRMC Orthopedic Surgeons: Computer-Assisted Navigation Technology significantly improves knee and hip replacements
- Disc replacement surgery restores Prescott man's quality of life