Originally Published: March 26, 2003 6:10 p.m.
PRESCOTT – Witnessing via TV the tragedy of terrorist attacks on the U.S. a year ago jolted Skyview School students to action. They delivered handmade cards and baked goods to public servants, thanking them for their community service.
It wasn't enough.
To express the deep sense of sorrow and loss, the school and its 140 students turned to the idea of a visual art project featuring color, shape, symbolism and universal themes. Thus, the Skyview School Memorial Tile Project was born.
More like this story
- LEARNING: Skyview School students set sail into the 'Sea of Possibilities'
- Skyview students perform and learn Prescott history: Students sing, dance and act out the community's beginnings
- Passing Grade: Music, arts programs in local school districts are flourishing
- Eagle’s ground-level project at Skyview scores a big hit
- College and elementary students team up to study ecological communities