Originally Published: May 14, 2002 6:15 p.m.
Granite Mountain Middle School teacher Terry Pemberton, above left, and Prescott firefighter Bruce Martinez, right, help students move to a safer area of the school Monday after smoke from a fire vented into several rooms around 1:20 p.m. Prescott Police Sgt. Mike Kabbel said police and fire officials believe someone intentionally started the fire in a toilet paper dispenser. Prescott Fire Battalion Chief Brad Malm said no one suffered injuries as a result of the fire. Granite Mountain Middle School Principal Mike Harlan said the school did evacuate about 200 students from the building. "If we find out who it is (who started the fire) there will be disciplinary action," Harlan said. The fire is still under investigation.
More like this story
- Young Authors' Day shows students the 'write' way to achieve
- Principal retires after 14 years
- Schools don't take kindly to threats of violence<BR>
- Granite Mountain Middle School gets two new teachers
- Student Council wins for events, activities<BR>Sponsor Dalma Rose brings home 'Adviser of the Year' award