Originally Published: February 13, 2002 5:15 p.m.
PRESCOTT – Prescott could join the ranks of Flagstaff and Mesa and other Arizona cities that ban smoking in public places, if the City Council endorses a recommendation of area doctors.
Local doctor Bob Matthies approached the council on Tuesday to ask for an ordinance that would ban smoking in public places, such as restaurants and bars.
More like this story
- The Great Prescott Smoke-out Smoking initiative debate will air on local television<BR>
- Banning smoking in city parks: Fire danger, health risk factors to be considered
- Prescott Council leans toward smoking ban in city parks
- Smoking ban in city parks gets Prescott Council OK
- Letter: Prescott park smoking ban