ST. LOUIS — The roars were unlike anything Brooks Koepka had ever heard, and he knew exactly what they meant.
CINCINNATI — Paul Goldschmidt and the Arizona Diamondbacks powered their way to a sorely needed win.
BROOKLYN, Mich. — Kevin Harvick capped off his father-son weekend by dominating a race and putting 6-year-old son Keelan in the passenger seat to hold the flapping, checkered flag out of the window.
MONTREAL — Top-ranked Simona Halep outlasted third-ranked Sloane Stephens 7-6 (6), 3-6, 6-4 onw Sunday to win her second Rogers Cup title.
TORONTO — Rafael Nadal won his 80th ATP World Tour title Sunday — and spoiled Stefanos Tsitsipas’ 20th birthday.
GLENDALE — Arizona rookie Christian Kirk nearly broke a long punt return for a touchdown the first time he touched the ball as an NFL player.
BROOKLYN, Mich. — Jim France seems to be choosing to stay in the shadows, declining to let the public hear from him as the interim chairman and CEO of NASCAR.
DENVER — Kirk Cousins was perfect in his first game for Minnesota on Saturday night, completing all four of his passes, including a 1-yard touchdown strike to Stefon Diggs in the Vikings’ 42-28 exhibition victory over the Denver Broncos.
CINCINNATI — Arizona’s road trip against three last-place teams is off to a tough start.
ST. LOUIS — Two-time U.S. Open champion Brooks Koepka took a step toward adding a third major to his short list of victories.
NBA fans will get a smorgasbord of LeBron James in a Los Angeles Lakers uniform, the All-Star laden lineup of the defending champion Golden State Warriors, the Houston Rockets and the up-and-coming Boston Celtics as part of the league’s national television schedule.
BROOKLYN, Mich. — NASCAR’s Big 3 has essentially lapped the competition.
LEXINGTON, Ohio — Justin Allgaier used fresh tires to pass rookie Austin Cindric with four laps left and win the NASCAR Xfinity Series race Saturday at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
CINCINNATI — Anthony DeSclafani struck out a season-high nine to outduel Clay Buchholz and scored one of Cincinnati’s two runs on Billy Hamilton’s suicide-squeeze bunt to help the Reds beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 3-0 on Friday night.
CHICAGO — The Chicago Cubs have signed veteran left-hander and former Arizona Diamondback Jorge De La Rosa and transferred righty Yu Darvish to the 60-day disabled list to make room for him on the 40-man roster.
ST. LOUIS — Sirens blared across Bellerive, putting the second round of the PGA Championship on hold and ending a day of scoring rarely seen in a major.
MANCHESTER, England — Jose Mourinho received an instant reward for handing Paul Pogba the captaincy when the World Cup-winning midfielder paved the way for Manchester United's 2-1 victory over Leicester as the English Premier League season opened on Friday.
GLENDALE — Arizona wide receiver Greg Little has not caught a pass in the NFL since 2014 but the down time has not prevented him from making a strong impression in training camp this summer.
GLENDALE — The Arizona Coyotes have signed center Christian Dvorak to a six-year contract extension averaging $4.45 million per year.
COSTA MESA, Calif. — The Los Angeles Chargers must choose between potential and experience when they select the next primary backup to Philip Rivers.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Baker Mayfield and Saquon Barkley lived up to early expectations as the top two picks in the NFL draft in their first action as the Cleveland Browns beat the New York Giants 20-10 on Thursday night.
Player demonstrations took place during the national anthem at several early NFL preseason games Thursday night.
ST. LOUIS — Gary Woodland fell in love with Bellerive when he first played it a month ago. It’s a big golf course that would play into the hands of a power player. It would be soft from the stifling heat and humidity of summer, allowing him to be aggressive.
GLENDALE — Barring unforeseen circumstances, rookie Josh Rosen will begin his first NFL season on the sidelines as Arizona’s backup quarterback.
ST. LOUIS — A walk from the driving range to the 10th tee at Bellerive took longer than usual for Justin Thomas.
- Prescott attorney’s body found in Montana
- Cleared for takeoff: Booking is underway for United Express flights from Prescott to Denver, L.A.
- Former bar manager arrested for allegedly selling meth out of Prescott hotel room
- Obituary: Carol Springer
- Highway 89 widening features new roundabout
- Highlighting Prescott’s ‘well-kept secret’
- Watch out for card skimming at the gas pump
- PVPD warns about imposter animal control officers
- Cottonwood teacher arrested for alleged sex with 17-year-old boy
- Meet the candidates running for Justice of Peace, Constable in Yavapai County
- Why are flags at half-staff today, July 27, 2018
- Chino man pleads guilty to second degree murder of 10-year-old
- Domestic violence call ends in Prescott Valley man getting shot, air-lifted to Flagstaff
- Need2Know: SueAnn’s Apple Pan, Brown Bag Burger, Prescott Firehouse Subs, and Don Walters renamed EVP of Miramonte Homes
- Fatal crash along I-17 claimed life of Dewey resident
- Need2Know: Deano’s Sweet Potato Café closed again, could be sold; MOD Pizza coming to Prescott Valley; Premiere Wellness opens second location
- Editorial: Prescott Police kick it in Lip Sync Challenge
- Don’t kill the tarantulas, they’re helping you, experts say
- Yavapai Casino temporarily closed to deal with security issue
- Prescott attorney’s body found in Montana