PHOENIX — Jordan Clarkson scored a season-high 25 points and the Los Angeles Lakers pulled away late to beat the Phoenix Suns 100-93 on Monday night.
The only major question was whether it would be unanimous — and it was.
ORLANDO, Fla. — For sale: 28-year-old chiseled slugger who led the major leagues with 59 home runs, the most in 16 years.
BEREA, Ohio — Hue Jackson might want to borrow DeShone Kizer’s flak jacket.
ATLANTA — Adrian Clayborn set an Atlanta record with six sacks, Matt Ryan threw a pair of short touchdown passes and the Atlanta Falcons romped to a 27-7 victory over Dallas.
AVONDALE — Matt Kenseth doesn’t get to end his career the way he hoped. He thinks he’s got a handful of good years left in him, and can win races and compete for championships.
5 Suns score in double figures
In a back-and-forth affair against the Iowa Wolves Saturday night in NBA Gatorade League play, the Northern Arizona Suns needed overtime to settle their two-game series at Prescott Valley Event Center.
Phoenix ends a five-game losing skid
PHOENIX — The two players counted on most by the young Phoenix Suns both had their game in high gear on Saturday night. The result was an end to the Suns' five-game losing streak.
GLENDALE — Steve Mason worked hard in practice, stayed ready whenever he was called to make a spot start or come in for mop-up duty.
AVONDALE — Ryan Blaney probably needs to win at Phoenix Raceway to earn a shot at NASCAR’s championship.
PHOENIX — Aaron Gordon scored 22 points and Nikola Vucevic added 19 to help the balanced Orlando Magic beat the Phoenix Suns 128-112 on Friday night.
TEMPE — The Seattle game was more costly than just a loss. The Arizona Cardinals lost their best offensive lineman, left tackle D.J. Humphries, and their leading tackler, safety Tyvon Branch, to season-ending injuries.
Cowboys owner wants all 32 owners to have chance to approve deal, threatens lawsuit
FRISCO, Texas — Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says his objection to a contract extension for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is not because of star running back Ezekiel Elliott’s six-game suspension over alleged domestic violence.
Booker scores 36 points on six 3-pointers, five others in double figures
Askia Booker scored 36 points on 11 of 17 shooting from the field, including six 3-pointers, Xavier Silas added 33 points and the Northern Arizona Suns survived a pesky Iowa Wolves squad in a 141-140 victory Thursday night.
GLENDALE — The Arizona Cardinals beat NFC West rival San Francisco last week with a heavy dose of Adrian Peterson.
ST. LOUIS — Under pressure in a shootout, Carter Hutton looked like a poised veteran.
Quarterbacks ranked at bottom of the concussion list
NEW YORK — A video review of 459 reported concussions sustained during the past two NFL seasons has found far more occurred on passing plays than any other plays.
BOSTON — Former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez suffered substantial damage to parts of the brain that affect memory, judgment and behavior from the most severe case of a degenerative disease linked to head blows ever found in someone so young, a researcher said Thursday.
Cornell graduate has Arizona ties, pledges fast-paced offense
A week ago, Cody Toppert was reviewing practice plans and playbooks as an assistant coach under Matt Brase for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, last season’s runner up to Raptors 905 for the NBA Gatorade League championship.
PHOENIX — Former Phoenix guard Goran Dragic scored a season-high 29 points in the Miami Heat's 126-115 victory over the Suns on Wednesday night.
GLENDALE — The Seattle Seahawks must love the desert.
NEW YORK — Colorado Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado won his fifth consecutive Gold Glove Award on Tuesday night, while Minnesota Twins center fielder Byron Buxton headlined a group of six first-time winners.
‘Airplane Mode’ appeared in only 4 games this season with Phoenix
“Airplane Mode” is back in a Northern Arizona Suns uniform, at least for now.
Two-time Cy Young Award winner’s plane went down around noon off coast of Florida
HOLIDAY, Fla. — Roy Halladay, a two-time Cy Young Award winner who pitched a perfect game and a playoff no-hitter for the Philadelphia Phillies, died Tuesday when his private plane crashed into the Gulf of Mexico. He was 40.
MILWAUKEE — Eric Bledsoe’s disgruntled days are over.
- Mountain lions, bobcats share neighborhood
- NAU professor indicted for stalking student, firefighters
- Oops, county considers buying three lots where developer accidentally put a road
- Gun sought after PVPD chief leaves service weapon in library restroom
- From tragedy comes a place to start healing
- Prescott considered one of America’s best small towns for Christmas
- Yavapai College providing free tuition to those with GEDs
- Tips for living with coyotes; rule No. 1 - Don’t feed them
- New book chronicles Yarnell Fire tragedy ground zero
- Deal made for fewer homes at Deep Well Ranch
- Police Update: Body found near Mayer, but teacher killed in Williams
- Diesel tanker collision on I-17 turns fatal
- Intoxicated Prescott Valley man invades home; occupant goes to hospital
- Highway 89A traffic will exceed 69 soon, say experts
- Two arrested in auto burglaries, police say lock your car doors
- New year, new start for Station 7
- Mountain lions, bobcats share neighborhood
- Mogollon Monster has been seen in Grand Canyon area and as far south as Prescott Valley?
- 10 patients assessed after I-17 wrecks
- Editorial: 'Banning the box' in Arizona is the right move