Alec Peters leads scorers with 25 points, 15 rebounds
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Northern Arizona forward Alec Peters recorded his second career double-double and powered the Suns to a 114-105 win at the Salt Lake City Stars on Saturday night.
LOS ANGELES — Devin Booker hit six 3-pointers while scoring 33 points, and the Phoenix Suns beat the Los Angeles Lakers for the first time in three tries this season, 122-113 on Friday night.
HOMESTEAD, Fla. — She started in go-karts when she was 10, and was a national champion two years later. By the time Danica Patrick turned 16, she was on her own in Europe, pursuing a racing career.
TEMPE — Blaine Gabbert will get his first start for the Arizona Cardinals when they play the Texans in Houston on Sunday.
Arizona rallies, scoring five goals in a game for first time this year
Montreal coach Claude Julien called the Canadiens’ loss to the lowly Arizona Coyotes “embarrassing.”
The NFL’s final international game this season features the back-on-target Patriots and the disappointing Raiders on Sunday.
Goldschmidt finishes third in NL voting
NEW YORK — Jose Altuve and the Houston Astros have grown together, enduring an arduous rebuild and coming out the other side among baseball’s best.
PITTSBURGH — Ben Roethlisberger threw for 299 yards and four touchdowns, three to Antonio Brown, and the Pittsburgh Steelers pulled away from the Tennessee Titans in a 40-17 victory on Thursday night.
Missed backcourt violation potentially costs Suns the game
For all the possessions during a typical NBA Gatorade League game on any given night, it can be difficult to point out one exact moment and blame a loss on it.
Mad Max coasts to 3rd career Cy Young with 27 of 30 first-place votes
Max Scherzer heard his name and thrust his arms in the air, shouting and smiling big before turning to kiss his wife.
FRISCO, Texas — Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is ending his legal fight with five games remaining on a six-game suspension over alleged domestic violence.
PHOENIX — A knee injury to quarterback Drew Stanton could clear the way for Blaine Gabbert to make his debut for the Arizona Cardinals.
ORLANDO, Fla. — The WNBA once again leads all professional sports leagues in hiring women and minorities for coaching and front-office positions.
Former NBA 1st-round pick Bennett records double-double in loss
Alec Peters scored 34 points on eight 3-pointers, Anthony Bennett recorded his first double-double of the season, but the Northern Arizona Suns shot just 41 percent from the field and committed 21 turnovers in a 128-127 loss to Rio Grande Valley on Tuesday night.
Hellebuyck’s 32 saves lead Winnipeg over Arizona
WINNIPEG, Manitoba — Connor Hellebuyck made 32 saves and the Winnipeg Jets defeated Arizona 4-1 on Tuesday night for their second victory over the struggling Coyotes in four days.
GLENDALE — The Arizona Coyotes have traded goalie Louis Domingue to the Tampa Bay Lightning for forward Tye McGinn and goalie Michael Leighton.
PHOENIX — Jordan Clarkson scored a season-high 25 points and the Los Angeles Lakers pulled away late to beat the Phoenix Suns 100-93 on Monday night.
The only major question was whether it would be unanimous — and it was.
ORLANDO, Fla. — For sale: 28-year-old chiseled slugger who led the major leagues with 59 home runs, the most in 16 years.
BEREA, Ohio — Hue Jackson might want to borrow DeShone Kizer’s flak jacket.
ATLANTA — Adrian Clayborn set an Atlanta record with six sacks, Matt Ryan threw a pair of short touchdown passes and the Atlanta Falcons romped to a 27-7 victory over Dallas.
AVONDALE — Matt Kenseth doesn’t get to end his career the way he hoped. He thinks he’s got a handful of good years left in him, and can win races and compete for championships.
5 Suns score in double figures
In a back-and-forth affair against the Iowa Wolves Saturday night in NBA Gatorade League play, the Northern Arizona Suns needed overtime to settle their two-game series at Prescott Valley Event Center.
Phoenix ends a five-game losing skid
PHOENIX — The two players counted on most by the young Phoenix Suns both had their game in high gear on Saturday night. The result was an end to the Suns' five-game losing streak.
GLENDALE — Steve Mason worked hard in practice, stayed ready whenever he was called to make a spot start or come in for mop-up duty.
- New year, new start for Station 7
- Oops, county considers buying three lots where developer accidentally put a road
- 3 patients air-lifted following 3-car head-on crash on SR 260, driver arrested
- Prescott war hero devoted to giving back to his hometown that instilled in him his patriotic values
- Need2Know: New wine tasting venue in Prescott; Acupuncture Center of Prescott moves
- NAU professor indicted for stalking student, firefighters
- Tips for living with coyotes; rule No. 1 - Don’t feed them
- New book chronicles Yarnell Fire tragedy ground zero
- Body recovered at Grand Canyon may be missing Utah man
- Yavapai College providing free tuition to those with GEDs
- Police Update: Body found near Mayer, but teacher killed in Williams
- Diesel tanker collision on I-17 turns fatal
- Intoxicated Prescott Valley man invades home; occupant goes to hospital
- Highway 89A traffic will exceed 69 soon, say experts
- Two arrested in auto burglaries, police say lock your car doors
- New year, new start for Station 7
- Mogollon Monster has been seen in Grand Canyon area and as far south as Prescott Valley?
- Monday morning crash fatally injures 63-year-old Chino Valley woman
- 10 patients assessed after I-17 wrecks
- Editorial: 'Banning the box' in Arizona is the right move