NBA G League
PRESCOTT VALLEY — The Northern Arizona Suns will be in the market for another head coach this offseason as Cody Toppert was promoted to the Phoenix Suns as an assistant coach under Igor Kokoskov on Thursday afternoon.
PITTSBURGH — The Arizona Diamondbacks didn't waste any time breaking this game open.
PHOENIX — For most of their half-century in existence, the Phoenix Suns have coveted a big-time center.
CROMWELL, Conn. — Jordan Spieth has no idea what it is like to play from behind at the Travelers Championship.
NEW YORK — The Phoenix Suns made Deandre Ayton the first No. 1 pick in franchise history Thursday night, and his former high school teammate Marvin Bagley III followed.
There’s a definitive answer every year to the question of who is No. 1 in the NBA draft.
NEW YORK — Luka Doncic is about to become an NBA player, though he’s unlike the other top prospects who will be drafted.
PHILADELPHIA — It was a flying frankfurter and not a foul ball that left a baseball fan with a black eye in Philadelphia.
NEW YORK — Collin Sexton isn’t asking for much. All the point guard wants out of Thursday’s NBA draft at Barclays Center is to be picked by a good team.
NEW YORK — Phil Mickelson has apologized four days after intentionally violating golf rules by hitting a moving ball on the green at the U.S. Open, saying his frustration got the best of him.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Charlotte Hornets have agreed to trade eight-time All-Star center Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets for center Timofey Mozgov and two second-round draft picks, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
MOSCOW — Cristiano Ronaldo walked out for warmups at sun-splashed Luzhniki Stadium with diamonds affixed to each earlobe and a new goatee sprouting from his chin — like a goat, get it? Greatest of All Time.
CLEVELAND — LeBron James won’t be picking any players during Thursday’s NBA draft. At least not directly.
Trae Young went into college basketball feeling like he had something to prove to his doubters. A year later, here he goes again.
There’s been little question that Arizona’s Deandre Ayton is the best of a potential-filled group of bigs at the top of Thursday’s NBA draft.
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Mike Trout drove in two runs, Kole Calhoun and Ian Kinsler added solo homers and the Los Angeles Angels held on for a 5-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Tuesday night.
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee Bucks guard Sterling Brown sued the city of Milwaukee and its police department Tuesday, saying officers’ use of a stun gun during his arrest for a parking violation constitutes excessive force and that they targeted him because he is black.
SARANSK, Russia — Japan did what no other Asian team had ever done at a World Cup — beat a South American squad on the biggest stage in soccer.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Michael Jordan hired proven general manager Mitch Kupchak this offseason to help turn around a franchise mired in mediocrity since he became the Charlotte Hornets' majority owner eight years ago.
NEW YORK — Almost every WNBA team will go through a challenging road trip because of the FIBA World Cup in September that is compacting the season.
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Paul Goldschmidt hit an early two-run homer and Zack Greinke pitched seven-hit ball into the seventh inning of the Arizona Diamondbacks’ 12th victory in 16 games in June, 7-4 over the struggling Los Angeles Angels on Monday night.
Marvin Bagley III dominated at Duke, while fellow freshman Michael Porter Jr. barely saw action at Missouri due to injury. Yet they’ll likely be the first forwards to hear their names called during Thursday’s draft.
BLAINE, Minn. — The PGA Tour will soon be making a regular stop in Minnesota.
VOLGOGRAD, Russia — The possession football championed by coaches like Pep Guardiola is supposed to produce aesthetically-pleasing goals
LONDON — Andy Murray is excited to be returning at the pre-Wimbledon Queen’s Club event this week after the former top-ranked player in the world experienced the “lowest point” of his career during an 11-month absence from tennis.
- Prescott Valley area shooting suspect shot, killed in fight
- Report: Yavapai County renters make less than needed to pay for housing
- Emu at-large dies during capture effort in Prescott
- Rep. Stringer: immigration an ‘existential threat’ to US
- Need2Know: Vintage 107 nears opening; new painting business in Prescott; Alfonso’s about to open 2nd location; unbiased financial advice available
- Avondale man catches possible record-setting 23-inch Gila trout at Goldwater Lake
- Lightning strike sparks wildfire in Mayer
- Arrest made in missing suitcase containing $170,000
- Investment dollars flow into Yavapai County
- Prescott PD actively investigating murder scene
- Plane runs out of fuel, crashes on Iron Springs Road
- Suspected fatal overdose in PV results in two arrests; investigation continues
- Prescott couple found shot to death in Mexico
- Man shot in stomach in broad daylight on county land adjacent Highway 69
- Californians, fed up with high home prices, want to migrate to Prescott
- Morning crash kills 91-year-old Prescott man
- Information released on wreck that killed Prescott Valley man
- Prescott couple found shot to death in Mexico
- Man shot in stomach in broad daylight; 3 suspects arrested
- Boy struck by vehicle on May 7 remains in serious condition