Perez Flores’ 2 goals, assist lift Yavapai soccer
Since he was 5 years old growing up in McMinnville, Oregon, Yavapai College freshman attacker Jose Perez Flores has gone by the nickname “Pepsi.”
BRISTOL, Conn. — ESPN broadcaster Robert Lee will not work Virginia’s season opener because of recent violence in Charlottesville sparked by the decision to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.
No need to overthink it: Alabama is No. 1 in the AP preseason Top 25.
Chino Valley High grads lead YC soccer
For a tradition-rich Yavapai College men’s soccer program that has grown accustomed to qualifying for the NJCAA Division I National Tournament, these past four years have been long ones.
Embry-Riddle’s volleyball team began the 2017 season well, notching a respectable 3-2 record at the Johnson & Wales University Wildcat Classic played Thursday through Saturday in Denver.
Defense was the name of the game for Northern Arizona football’s second scrimmage of the fall, Saturday afternoon in the Walkup Skydome.
Preseason longshots the past two years have ended up winning the Heisman Trophy.
Embry-Riddle aims for Cal-Pac title, national tournament appearance
The Embry-Riddle women’s soccer team enters the upcoming 2017 campaign with something to prove. At least that’s how returning players look at it.
Over the past two seasons, Yavapai College’s volleyball program has witnessed a resurgence.
Embry-Riddle aiming for Cal-Pac title, national tournament appearance
Nine months has passed since the Embry-Riddle volleyball team lost 3-1 to La Sierra in the Cal-Pac Conference Tournament semifinals back in November 2016, but the disappointing end to a promising season isn’t far from the memory of returning players.
The Northern Arizona football team found themselves in the heart of Tuesday’s joint announcement between the Missouri Valley Football Conference and Big Sky Conference’s Challenge Series this upcoming season.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Reggie Bonnafon didn't complain when an eventual Heisman Trophy winner supplanted him at quarterback, and he hasn't looked back on what might have been.
In these times when so much divides Americans, the targeting penalty brings college football fans together. Just about all of them hate it.
TUCSON — Arizona was in a good place three seasons ago, competing for the Pac-12 South, winning 10 games.
TEMPE — Arizona State coach Todd Graham received contract extensions after each of the past four seasons, keeping his contract length at the original five years.
FLAGSTAFF — Game day is coming up quick for the Northern Arizona University women’s soccer team. The Lumberjacks are two weeks into August and ready to kick off the 2017 season.
RALEIGH, N.C. — Clemson coach Dabo Swinney understands why preseason questions about the Tigers focus more on who’s gone from last year’s team instead of who is filling those roles.
SAN DIEGO — One week after the NFL’s Chargers announced they were relocating to Los Angeles, San Diego State gave a five-year contract extension to coach Rocky Long, who said the Aztecs were more than up to the challenge of winning over the suddenly spurned fan base.
Either Oklahoma or Texas won the last seven Big 12 championship games.
Defending Big Ten champion Penn State returns a Heisman Trophy candidate at running back and a record-setting quarterback, and the Nittany Lions generally are regarded as one of the 10 best teams in the country.
Study does not say how much it cost to stage them
GLENDALE — Arizona’s first “Final Four’’ college basketball championship generated more than $324 million in economic impact for the state, according to a new study.
ASU’s Graham, Arizona’s Rodriguez in trouble; Washington, USC primed for another year atop Pac-12
LOS ANGELES — The Pac-12 divisional races will be short on drama if preseason projections actually translate into regular-season results on the West Coast.
Georgia, Florida hoping to close gap with SEC West counterparts
Alabama and the Southeastern Conference are trying to climb back atop the college football mountain.
LAS VEGAS — Northern Arizona coach Jack Murphy followed the directions turn by turn as he worked his way from a high school north of Las Vegas to one to the south.
CLEMSON, S.C. — Clemson coach Dabo Swinney put it as plainly as he could to his guys — this Tiger team hasn’t won anything. At least not yet.
- Obituary: Krista (Evers) Buchanan
- Prescott Valley man arrested on sexual exploitation charges
- County attorney dismisses charges against Goodwin Fire drone pilot
- 4 killed, 1 injured in I-17 crash
- Prescott area home sellers see significant profits
- Deputy holds his fire when woman confronts him … with pellet gun
- Need2Know: Mexican street food in Prescott; Jim’s Auto Clinic awarded; Go Bananas has new owners; new Asian market in PV
- Residents push for ‘human scale’ in Deep Well Ranch project
- Widow won’t sign, and that puts timeshare giant in a bind
- APS rate hike approved, new rates take effect Aug. 19
- 4 teens arrested on drug charges
- VA considers cut to unemployability benefit
- Prescott Valley animal control officer arrested on child sex charge
- Two dead in two-vehicle collision on Highway 69
- Willow Creek Road apartment complex stalled
- YCSO releases video of suspect’s fatal shooting
- Crash on Willow Creek sends 1 to Phoenix hospital, 6 to YRMC
- Obituary: Krista (Evers) Buchanan
- Funnel cloud(s) spied over Prescott
- DPS: One driver loses control in storm, causes fatal wreck