MOSCOW — Sliding across the rain-soaked turf holding the World Cup trophy tight, teenager Kylian Mbappe and the rest of France’s players acted like the youthful bunch they are.
ATLANTA — Freddie Freeman likes how the Atlanta Braves are positioned with the first half of the season complete.
LONDON — Novak Djokovic acknowledged that he was worried.
SILVIS, Ill. — Michael Kim didn’t just win his first PGA Tour event on Sunday. He dominated in a fashion never seen at TPC Deere Run.
HIGHLAND PARK, Ill. — Vijay Singh hit a perfect approach to set up the winning playoff birdie.
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Nev. — Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo rallied from four points back to win his first American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe on Sunday.
Little League Baseball
Prescott Little League’s 11-and-Under All-Stars will have had three weeks to prepare for the Arizona state tournament by the time the team battles the winner of Monday night’s first-round game — that pits Mt. Graham versus McCormick Ranch — in the quarterfinals on Tuesday, July 17.
A quick look at Wimbledon: LOOKAHEAD TO SUNDAY Novak Djokovic will be seeking a fourth Wimbledon title and 13th Grand Slam trophy when he faces Kevin Anderson in the championship match.
In more than 30 years of playing golf, retired Prescott Fire Chief Bruce Martinez had never drained a hole-in-one.
Dylan Groenewegen has turned the sprinting battle at the Tour de France into a three-man race.
Martin Truex Jr. won the NASCAR Cup Series race at Kentucky Speedway, passing Brad Keselowski and then Kurt Busch late on the way to repeating as champion on Saturday night.
MLB: D-backs 3, Braves 0
Arizona manager Torey Lovullo asked his team for a strong finish before the All-Star break.
Angelique Kerber was not about to be overwhelmed by the setting or the stakes in this Wimbledon final.
Michael Kim spent his 25th birthday moving within 18 holes of his first PGA Tour victory.
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia — For Belgium and England, the third-place match at the World Cup was more like a dress rehearsal for future finals.
PRESCOTT — Fifth-year Yavapai College softball coach Doug Eastman on Friday announced the hiring of Erika Bennett as the program’s new pitching coach/recruiting coordinator.
Soccer - World Cup
MOSCOW — Kylian Mbappe has electrified the World Cup with his speed and youthful exuberance. Luka Modric has coolly controlled matches in Russia with his graceful play in the middle.
UNCASVILLE, Conn. — Courtney Williams had 25 points, including Connecticut's final six, and tied her career high with 10 rebounds to help the Sun hold on for a 91-87 win over the Phoenix Mercury on Friday night.
ATLANTA — Zack Godley’s control was sharp. That usually means good things for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
SILVIS, Illinois — Michael Kim took a four-shot lead Friday at the John Deere Classic in the Quad Cities, which was suspended twice because of weather concerns.
CHARTRES, France — Peter Sagan thrust his arm and fist forward like Superman.
Serena Williams goes for her eighth Wimbledon title and first major championship since giving birth to her daughter, Olympia, on Sept. 1.
MUR DE BRETAGNE, France — Sometimes in cycling the bike can be the rider’s biggest enemy.
DENVER — No pitcher homers on Thursday.
HIGHLAND PARK, Ill. — Kenny Perry wasn’t sure what to expect.
- Prostitution sting yields three arrests in Yavapai County
- Fight, shooting in Prescott Valley between brothers over drugs lands one in jail
- Forest closures, fire restrictions to be lifted
- Prescott prepares airport for new carrier
- Reported bank robbery at OneAZ Credit Union in Prescott Valley
- Bank robbery suspect being sought
- Need2Know: New restaurant coming to the former Rancher’s Wife space; Bin 239 closes down; playing Cornhole for a Cause
- 4-month-old abuse victim stable at Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Robbery suspect threatened to use force, Prescott Valley police say
- Man claims to have accidentally shot wife during argument
- Tiny homes grow in popularity, but where can you put them?
- 1 dead in Chino Valley stabbing Friday night
- Woman who claimed she was kidnapped arrested in Prescott homicide case
- Prescott PD actively investigating murder scene
- Man arrested in stabbing death of 16-year-old Chino Valley boy
- Visitor falls, dies after climbing over rail at Grand Canyon, rangers urge safety
- Flagstaff woman faces attempted murder charge in Bucky's Casino shooting
- Reward offered for information on location of baby
- Town of Prescott Valley issues Level 2 Water Conservation Alert
- Suspect in Prescott murder sought in Rimrock area manhunt