GLENDALE — Deonte Thompson returned a missed Arizona field goal 109 yards for a touchdown as the first half ended and the Chicago Bears held on to beat the Cardinals 24-23 in a preseason game Saturday night.
Jose Berrios gave the Minnesota Twins what the Arizona Diamondbacks badly needed but didn’t get from Zack Greinke.
Henrik Stenson kept his cool when some birdie chances turned into pars.
Embry-Riddle’s volleyball team began the 2017 season well, notching a respectable 3-2 record at the Johnson & Wales University Wildcat Classic played Thursday through Saturday in Denver.
US extends Solheim Cup lead over Europe to 5 points WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Two years ago, the United States staged the biggest singles comeback in Solheim Cup history.
Ethan Treble, Harrison Wheeldon and Stephen Courtney liked the Little League World Series so much they decided to try it again.
Bob Baffert was nervous. The Hall of Fame trainer knew Arrogate needed to show some kind of run after the colt’s stunning fourth-place finish a month ago at Del Mar.
Erik Jones really needed to win at Bristol, and Kyle Busch would have loved to celebrate the first Cup win for the kid he discovered.
Defense was the name of the game for Northern Arizona football’s second scrimmage of the fall, Saturday afternoon in the Walkup Skydome.
Wilhide runs for 4 TDs, throws for 2 more in rout
Mayer’s football team enjoyed this particular dose of déjà vu on Friday night.
Loveall throws for 354 yards, 6 TDs for Bagdad
Israel Loveall completed 17 of 28 passes for 354 yards and six touchdowns for Bagdad in a 66-14 rout over Valley Union to open the season Friday night
Preseason longshots the past two years have ended up winning the Heisman Trophy.
Nearly two years ago, Amanda Hopkins’ phone rang. It was a call she dreamt of receiving, one that broke barriers and made her a part of baseball history.
Miguel Sano ended a tough stretch at the plate with some might.
A foundation set up by the former owners of the Boston Red Sox says its “disheartened” its namesake has become embroiled in the national controversy over racially divisive monuments.
Julian Stanford was stunned by what he saw between him and the quarterback.
Bills coach Sean McDermott didn’t want to be misunderstood on Friday when given a second opportunity to back Tyrod Taylor as the team’s starter.
With 90 soccer teams formed in Prescott’s Region 172, the American Youth Soccer Organization is searching for a few coaches in different age divisions
Embry-Riddle aims for Cal-Pac title, national tournament appearance
The Embry-Riddle women’s soccer team enters the upcoming 2017 campaign with something to prove. At least that’s how returning players look at it.
Over the past two seasons, Yavapai College’s volleyball program has witnessed a resurgence.
HOUSTON — Patrick Corbin was kicking himself for one small mistake that led to his exit.
GLENDALE — As the Arizona Cardinals training camp drags on, Tyrann Mathieu is looking more and more like his old “Honey Badger” self.
HOUSTON — Arizona Diamondbacks reliever Rubby De La Rosa will undergo a second Tommy John surgery.
HOUSTON — Josh Reddick hit a two-run homer in a four-run eighth, Charlie Morton threw 6 1/3 solid innings as the Houston Astros defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks 9-5 Wednesday night.
Nine months removed from capturing its second 1A state title in four years under sixth-year coach Dalton Mills, Bagdad’s football team enters the fall with similar expectations.
- VA considers cut to unemployability benefit
- Prescott’s ‘New’ Entertainment District: How will the designation impact downtown businesses?
- Prescott Valley man arrested on sexual exploitation charges
- County attorney dismisses charges against Goodwin Fire drone pilot
- Krispy Kreme marks eclipse with chocolate glazed doughnuts
- Deputy holds his fire when woman confronts him … with pellet gun
- Great American Eclipse: locals hope to catch full experience, students plan to document
- Residents push for ‘human scale’ in Deep Well Ranch project
- Prescott No. 1 in Expedia’s state destination for nature lovers
- Prescott Valley boys lift car off granduncle, save his life
- 4 teens arrested on drug charges
- Officers from 2 agencies involved in Chino Valley shooting
- VA considers cut to unemployability benefit
- Car dealership employee set to be sentenced for embezzlement
- Living amongst the celebrities in Prescott – not!
- Prescott Valley animal control officer arrested on child sex charge
- Two dead in two-vehicle collision on Highway 69
- Willow Creek Road apartment complex stalled
- Seven arrested in drug bust
- YCSO releases video of suspect’s fatal shooting