Carson Palmer threw for 300 yards and three touchdowns, David Johnson scored twice and the Arizona Cardinals held on to beat the Washington Redskins 31-23 on Sunday.
NC Central (9-2) vs. Grambling State (11-1), Noon (ABC) New Mexico Bowl Albuquerque
Free agent outfielder Matt Holliday and the Yankees have agreed to a $13 million, one-year contract, a person familiar with the negotiations said Sunday, giving New York a veteran designated hitter as the team pivots to youth.
Bud Selig oversaw baseball during a time of transformation and turmoil — wild cards and a ballpark boom, the cancellation of a World Series and the Steroids Era. For much of his reign, though, there was one constant: those first-place Atlanta Braves, built by John Schuerholz.
ideki Matsuyama was only 5 when he first saw Tiger Woods, watching on videotape that 1997 Masters victory.
Week of Dec. 4-10
ON MONDAY, NOV. 28, THE YAVAPAI COLLEGE VOLLEYBALL TEAM joined with Project Christmas Child to prepare packages that will be sent to children all over the world.
Ohio State did not play in the Big Ten championship game a year ago and ended up in the Fiesta Bowl instead of the College Football Playoff. The Buckeyes again missed out on the conference title game this season and are headed back to the Fiesta Bowl. This time, it’s for a spot in the national championship game.
On the night of standout guard Xavier “The X-Man” Silas’ anticipated 2016-17 season debut, the Northern Arizona Suns did not disappoint.
Henry scores 18 points, grabs nine rebounds in loss
SEDONA — Paxton Henry scored 18 points and grabbed nine rebounds, Ryan Greene chipped in with 12 points, but the Prescott boys’ basketball team surrendered a 25-15 third-quarter run by Winslow in a 76-65 Red Rock Hoops Classic championship game loss Saturday night.
Big 12 Championship — #7 Oklahoma 38, #11 Oklahoma State 20 Mayfield, Oklahoma top OK St. to win Big 12
With his best receiver sidelined, Baker Mayfield still boosted his Heisman Trophy resume.
David West has undergone four surgeries in his long NBA career: left knee, right elbow and right foot twice to fix a couple of toes.
College Basketball — #8 Gonzaga 69, #16 Arizona 62 Streak Over: Arizona Wildcats lose to Gonzaga for 1st time since 2011 season
Gonzaga was in attack mode from the opening tip , eager to assert itself against an Arizona team that had owned the rivalry in recent years.
Trace McSorley threw four touchdown passes Saturday night and No. 8 Penn State stunned No. 6 Wisconsin 38-31, rallying from a 21-point first-half deficit to claim its first conference title in eight years with the greatest comeback in Big Ten title game history.
Deshaun Watson bolstered his Heisman Trophy candidacy by passing for three touchdowns and running for two more to lead third-ranked Clemson to a 42-35 victory over No. 19 Virginia Tech in the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game Saturday night.
Alabama showed off all its weapons in the Southeastern Conference championship game.
Shannon Evans II scored a season-high 28 points and Arizona State tied a school record with 18 3-pointers, coasting to a 97-73 win over UNLV Saturday night. Evans, Torian Graham and Tra Holder combined to make 15 3s, with Graham hitting six as part of his 22 points.
The Columbus Blue Jackets led 13 seconds in and then poured on a flurry of shots — and still needed a late rally and shootout to beat Mike Smith and the Arizona Coyotes.
PRESCOTT VALLEY — After missing all of training camp and the first three weeks of the season, Xavier Silas was activated by the Northern Arizona Suns on Friday afternoon.
SEDONA — Paxton Henry scored 24 points, Kody Jones added nine points and 13 rebounds, and the Prescott boys’ basketball team advanced to the Red Rock Hoops Classic semifinals with a 71-58 win over Mingus on Friday night.
The Washington Redskins come to the desert with their offense in high gear, just like the Arizona Cardinals’ used to be.
Talk about a mismatch. Alabama’s defense is the best in the nation. Florida’s offense looks like one of the worst.
Bradshaw Mountain High’s boys’ basketball team remained winless after falling to Flagstaff, 55-38, in its Class 4A Grand Canyon Region opener Friday night, Dec. 2, at Gary Kunow Gym.
The shooting death of an ex-NFL player in a New Orleans suburb was a “road rage” incident that began on a nearby bridge, a sheriff said Friday, as he urged against a rush to judgment and defended his handling of the case.
PRESCOTT VALLEY — A career in the NBA is something so few dreamers are afforded the chance to realize, and sometimes those who make it tend to forget where they come from. For Northern Arizona Suns’ center Johnny O’Bryant, however, the objective is clear: Make it in the NBA, but don’t forget what got you there to begin with.
- Woman arrested after threatening coworkers, store with a rifle, a knife, and a torch
- Two men in custody on child molestation charges
- Prescott man sought for alleged child molestation
- Pair allegedly runs from police, carjacks an off-duty police officer before they’re captured
- Obituary: Keith Floyd Mosier
- Prescott man arrested in October domestic violence incident
- Thousands expected to head to downtown Prescott Dec. 3 for Christmas Parade, Courthouse Lighting
- Prescott man sought for alleged child molestation
- Firefighters save home after garage catches on fire
- New Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial State Park dedicated Nov. 29 (Photo Gallery and full ceremony video)
- Child dies in Highway 89 accident
- Teacher, boyfriend charged in drug case
- Former Prescott pastor charged with child molestation
- Election results - Yavapai County, Arizona
- Neighbor dispute leads to arrest of suspect for attempted murder
- BREAKING: Motorcyclist killed in crash
- 15-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of sexual assault, armed robbery
- Remembering the ICON of JEROME: Founder of Gold King Mine and Ghost Town passes away
- 3 hurt seriously in vehicle-truck crash on Pioneer Parkway
- 39 homes get planning nod: Yavapai Ranch Phase I heads to county supervisors