The holidays are my favorite time of year. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve exude family, food and fun.
Not all the candidates I supported in the recent Prescott elections made it into office, but I was lucky enough to attend the watch party of one who did.
Who owns our bodies? I think, we do.
As our country collectively grieves and struggles to comprehend a number of mass casualty shootings, we as law enforcement leaders are asked two questions: can it happen here, and are there things individuals can do to survive should an attack occur?
A dull roar has gone up since the City of Prescott elections, with some Courier readers stating it is not fair that a candidate pushed their party affiliation in a nonpartisan race.
The devil sat drunk and giddy in a bar, boasting about his recent “accomplishments.”
We live and work in the silhouettes and outlines of Yavapai County-sized skyscrapers known as multi-story buildings; we travel through streets lined with homes and local businesses and buildings under construction.
Last week, Texas Republican Kevin Brady, using the power available to him as chairman of the House Committee on Ways and Means, introduced another of what’s known as a “manager’s amendment” to the tax reform bill.
After watching and helping guide my son through his first full season of soccer with Prescott’s AYSO 6U club this fall, it’s safe to say our family learned just as much about commitment, respect and accountability as A.J. did about kicking a ball into a net.
Trump has taken a step that, in any other time, for any other high office holder, or by any other president, would be the end of the line.
I begin by confessing that I voted for Donald Trump last year.
Donald Trump has dumped all his macho stump rhetoric about China and morphed into a wimp.
Kim Gagnon and her husband Bill are the new owners of Station 7, the base for the Granite Mountain Hotshots.
Those who claim to have been shocked the Russians might have meddled in the 2016 election are either playing for the cameras or not paying attention.
When confronted with questions and uncertainty about the human condition, and specifically, why an individual would commit such a heinous act against innocent people
As you read this, President Trump’s tax plan is being debated.
The Friday Catchall: • FLAGS — Our Grand Old Flag, the Stars and Stripes of the USA, has not generated more controversy than whether to kneel or not, except when it was all the rage to burn it or wear it.
The Verde River is one of the last remaining healthy, perennially flowing rivers left in the arid state of Arizona.
As a Vietnam veteran, I followed the news reports about Bowe Bergdahl with great interest.
“Reports out of Texas are devastating. The people of Sutherland Springs need our prayers right now,”
It's staggering, isn’t it? More than 10,000 new homes proposed at Deep Well Ranch and thousands more cumulatively at other new developments such as AZ Eco and Walden Ranch.
Now, about the brouhaha that’s been brewing.
I’ve had three previous summons for jury duty, but never sat on an actual jury.
What hasn’t happened this week?
It’s really nothing new, some people idolize the guy in the Oval Office while others demonize him.
- New year, new start for Station 7
- Oops, county considers buying three lots where developer accidentally put a road
- 3 patients air-lifted following 3-car head-on crash on SR 260, driver arrested
- NAU professor indicted for stalking student, firefighters
- Mountain lions, bobcats share neighborhood
- Prescott considered one of America’s best small towns for Christmas
- Need2Know: New wine tasting venue in Prescott; Acupuncture Center of Prescott moves
- Tips for living with coyotes; rule No. 1 - Don’t feed them
- New book chronicles Yarnell Fire tragedy ground zero
- Yavapai College providing free tuition to those with GEDs
- Police Update: Body found near Mayer, but teacher killed in Williams
- Diesel tanker collision on I-17 turns fatal
- New year, new start for Station 7
- Intoxicated Prescott Valley man invades home; occupant goes to hospital
- Editorial: 'Banning the box' in Arizona is the right move
- Prescott’s diminishing ‘general pool’ of water
- Highway 89A traffic will exceed 69 soon, say experts
- 2001 Prescott plane crash killed 2, changed lives of 2 survivors forever
- Mogollon Monster has been seen in Grand Canyon area and as far south as Prescott Valley?
- Murdered Arizona teacher stabbed ‘multiple times’ according to medical examiner