I am writing regarding the article in the Aug. 10 Daily Courier about reduction of Bed Tax funding for established local events.
It’s not often — actually, it’s never happened before — that a Republican president gets dissed and dumped by corporate titans such as Dow, Merck, Campbell Soup, the Blackstone Group, 3M, Intel, Ernst & Young, JP Morgan Chase, Johnson & Johnson, General Motors, PepsiCo, and IBM.
It’s difficult for me to understand my position on removing Confederate monuments because two core parts of who I am are in conflict.
To be clear, this column is about influential media pundits and reporters choosing which violent groups they report... and which they ignore.
To all of you who have written checks and raised money to feed our hungry kids in the four adjoining public school districts, THANK YOU!
When I was young I met a girl who told me I used the word “hate” far too often in my everyday conversations.
Prescott hasn’t always been known as an ideal place to live, but in the decades that I’ve lived here I’ve seen the city grow by tens of thousands.
The Friday Catchall: • INTERSTATE – While southbound Interstate 17 was closed again Tuesday for a time – because of a crash near Black Canyon City – several readers chimed in on the monumental shutdown that was Aug. 8.
As the impeach Trump craze sweeps across the nation, the chasm between our two political parties has widened to the point where reconciliation is no longer possible.
I have always looked upon voting as a privilege. I feel connected to the process — good or bad — after I give my choices.
Why aren’t there more women criminals?! Men in jail outnumber women by a ratio of 14-to-1.
The tragic suicide of an 8-year-old boy in Cincinnati, Ohio, and the wrongful death lawsuit blaming a “treacherous school environment” is another dreadful tale encompassing the devastating effects of bullying.
Time to dig a bomb shelter. Stockpile some Kool- Aid. Nibble some Tootsie Rolls while catching a double feature at the drive-in.
It’s rare when I have trouble writing a column, but this one has not been easy.
Ever wonder how much electricity would cost if Arizona Public Service (APS) could choose the price? What if the water systems of the tri-city area were privately owned?
The Arizona Public Service (APS) rate case is not over.
Have a gun license? Plan to bring your gun to my hometown? Don’t.
Are they mutually exclusive? When our president touts his skill as a deal-maker can we expect him to also prioritize ideals? Is the nurturing of ideals by our leaders in Washington important to us?
When it comes to services within a municipality, health and welfare are tops — or should be.
For months, the White House has been alternately exposed and outraged by stories about its inner workings fed to the press by unnamed sources.
The Friday Catchall: • TRAPPED – What would you do — what can you do — if stuck on Interstate 17 behind a crash or disaster? Just sit and wait.
I love those weeks when almost everything goes wrong.
In July we traveled up to Montana. It was the 50th wedding anniversary for some friends of ours that we’ve known more than 30 years.
Humanity evolves every second of every day of every year we’re on this planet, constantly breaking barriers of old truths and advancing toward newly discovered paths using the knowledge gained by those who came before.
Regardless who wins the city elections, here is a different idea for an economic development program.
- Obituary: Krista (Evers) Buchanan
- Prescott Valley man arrested on sexual exploitation charges
- County attorney dismisses charges against Goodwin Fire drone pilot
- 4 killed, 1 injured in I-17 crash
- VA considers cut to unemployability benefit
- Prescott area home sellers see significant profits
- Deputy holds his fire when woman confronts him … with pellet gun
- Need2Know: Mexican street food in Prescott; Jim’s Auto Clinic awarded; Go Bananas has new owners; new Asian market in PV
- Residents push for ‘human scale’ in Deep Well Ranch project
- Widow won’t sign, and that puts timeshare giant in a bind
- 4 teens arrested on drug charges
- VA considers cut to unemployability benefit
- Prescott Valley animal control officer arrested on child sex charge
- Two dead in two-vehicle collision on Highway 69
- Willow Creek Road apartment complex stalled
- YCSO releases video of suspect’s fatal shooting
- Crash on Willow Creek sends 1 to Phoenix hospital, 6 to YRMC
- Funnel cloud(s) spied over Prescott
- DPS: One driver loses control in storm, causes fatal wreck
- Narcotics taskforce arrests 2 Prescott Valley residents