Originally Published: January 5, 2019 9:44 p.m.
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A Florida mugger picked the wrong senior citizen to attack.
The Palm Beach Post reports 68-year-old Steve Shepherd was limping to his car last week, a pulled muscle impairing his stride, when a mugger hit him in the head with a bottle and demanded his cellphone.
Shepherd is a five-time world kickboxing champ. Though retired 18 years, he’s been training to become the oldest professional fighter. He has a March bout scheduled.
Shepherd threw a right cross to the attacker’s head, and then smashed a hook to his ribs, crumpling him. Bystanders interceded and the man escaped. Shepherd suffered a ruptured eardrum, a cut and bruise.
The Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office says security video shows the attacker is about 20 and had prowled the area for hours, seeking a victim.
More like this story
- Lawsuit claims Cardinals DE Talley beat bar patron
- Florida man’s own dashboard camera lands him in jail
- Man accused of assaulting brothers with knife, bottle; 1 victim needed 200 stitches after attack
- Video of Tiger Woods inside jail after arrest
- Ruff day: 12-year-old dog rescued after falling into bay