Originally Published: September 15, 2018 11:23 p.m.
Robert David Pearsall, 41, a Prescott man for whom the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office issued a $50,000 warrant charging him with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, turned himself in Friday, Sept. 14, according to Dwight D’Evelyn, YCSO Media Relations Coordinator.
Pearsall was booked into the Yavapai County jail in Camp Verde and has since been released on a $20,000 bond, D’Evelyn said.
A previous news release issued from D’Evelyn stated that Pearsall approached a 45-year-old man at a Verde River camp in the Drake Area at about 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8, and struck him without warning in the head, face and chest multiple times with a hardened piece of wood. The beating resulted in severe swelling, cuts and blood loss to the head and face, and the blows were hard enough to break and splinter the wood allegedly used. Pearson reportedly fled the scene after being confronted by witnesses, and the 45-year-old man was transported to Flagstaff Medical Center with serious injuries.
The motive for the attack remains unclear, according to the release.
More like this story
- Prescott man faces aggravated assault charges; released on bond
- Two suspects in custody in Ash Fork attempted murder case involving baseball bat
- Off-duty Sheriff’s deputy assaulted as he tries to stop fight; 5 arrested
- Two men jailed after robbery, stabbing in Verde Village Wednesday
- Man arrested for assaulting 4-year-child, child’s mother