Originally Published: September 12, 2018 9:15 a.m.
After receiving a tip and conducting an extensive month-long investigation, the Prescott Valley Police Department (PVPD) arrested a local sex offender for possession of child pornography Tuesday morning, Sept. 11.
At about 8:30 a.m., PVPD officers used a search warrant for a residence in the 4400 block of Romero Circle East, according to a PVPD news release. The search uncovered “inappropriate child pornographic images” stored on electronic devices belonging to Patrick Aeron Mellor, 23, of Prescott Valley, the release states.
Mellor is a level 3 (high risk) sex offender who in 2011 exposed himself to a 14-year-old boy who was not known to him. He was convicted of indecent exposure in that case and required to register as a sex offender in Yavapai County.
In this case, Mellor was arrested and booked into the Yavapai County jail on five felony counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and one felony count of sex offender failing to register online identification.
“The public is encouraged to contact law enforcement if they become aware of anything suspicious,” said PVPD spokesperson Jerry Ferguson. “Remember: If you see something, say something.”
More like this story
- Young Dewey man arrested for child pornography
- Prescott man arrested on child sex charges
- Computer repair leads to arrest on child porn charges
- Prescott man arrested, charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- Chino Valley man gets 17 years for sexual exploitation of a minor: Technician found child pornography on computer