Originally Published: September 10, 2018 3:02 p.m.
Drivers can expect traffic delays near the intersection of Highway 69 and Fain Road because of a vehicle collision that took place shortly after noon.
As of 2:30 p.m., westbound Highway 69 traffic toward Prescott Valley was being diverted onto Fain Road. Southbound traffic on Fain Road was also backed up, because it was reduced to one lane as it nears the intersection.
A total of four vehicles were involved in the collision, but only one elderly man with minor injuries was transported to the Yavapai Regional Medical Center in Prescott Valley, according to the Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority.
According to a witness account, after the collision, the elderly man was pulled out of his vehicle by another man, who then got into the elderly man’s vehicle. A bystander with a gun then reportedly took shots at the apparent carjacker.
Law enforcement are currently investigating the matter and have yet to release any official information.
Watch dCourier.com and The Daily Courier for details as they are made available.
More like this story
- Suspect arrested after car theft, robbery, carjacking and shots fired
- One injured in Sunday afternoon crash at Highway 69, Fain Road
- Minor injuries, traffic tie-ups result after 2 PV accidents
- Four suffer injuries in 2-vehicle collision on 89A and Robert Road
- Investigation of fatal accident continues