Originally Published: September 7, 2018 11:17 a.m.
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A woman was in for a huge surprise when Miami Beach police pulled her over.
She and her boyfriend got out of the car. An officer asked the boyfriend if he had anything to say.
And that’s when the man, identified as Kenneth, got down on one knee, held out a ring and said, “I just want you to marry me.”
A video tweeted by Miami Beach Police shows her covering her face, saying “Oh my God ... crazy.”
She tells the officer she doesn’t know what to say. She looks back at her boyfriend, waiting on bended knee, and looks closer at the ring.
Finally, she says “Yes,” and police say “Congratulations, guys!”
Spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez said Kenneth had come into the station asking for help with his proposal.
More like this story
- Popping the Question: What to expect when you're proposing (or being proposed to)
- Man surprises girlfriend with Super Bowl TV ad proposal
- NY woman hits half-court shot, then gets marriage proposal (Video)
- Texas traffic stop leads to engagement ring
- Kansas woman’s ex hides in attic, falls through ceiling