Originally Published: September 1, 2018 6:48 p.m.
The Roughrider volleyball team went 3-1 in their own tournament, the Dalton Overstreet Invitational, on Saturday.
Yavapai College recorded victories over Utah State University–Eastern, 3-1 (25-22, 22-25, 25-11, 25-18); Colorado Northwestern Community College, 3-0 (25-20, 25-13, 25-16); and College of Southern Nevada, 3-0 (25-13, 25-21, 25-22), according to a news release from YC Athletic Director Brad Clifford.
Their only blemish was against No. 13 Snow College, Utah.
Against Utah State University-Eastern, Nynke DeVries recorded 20 kills while hitting .283. Annie Harte had 10 kills and Pilar Daugherty had 46 assists.
DeVries led the ’Riders in the next game against Colorado Northwestern with 12 kills. AHarte added 8 kills. Paola Ortiz recorded 25 assists.
Offense was hard to come by against Snow. Harte led the team with 8 kills. Ortiz had 23 assists.
In the final match of the tournament, YC swept the Coyotes from College of Southern Nevada, 3-0 (25-13, 25-21, 25-22). Nynke DeVries had 16 kills and Paola Ortiz had 37 assists.
Yavapai travels to Tucson on Wednesday for an ACCAC match against Pima Community College beginning at 7 p.m.
Information provided by Yavapai College Athletics.
More like this story
- Roughriders claim come-from-behind victory over Eastern Arizona
- JuCo Volleyball: Roughriders spike Scottsdale, claim 4th-straight win
- Preview: Yavapai College spikers still aim for postseason despite being green
- Yavapai volleyball opens ACCAC play at 0-2
- Roughrider volleyball splits pair of matches Friday at Utah tourney