Originally Published: October 13, 2018 7:03 p.m.
Prescott Chamber Of Commerce Business Awards 2018
Seventeen awards were given out during the inaugural Prescott Chamber Business awards ceremony hosted Thursday, Oct. 11, at the Prescott Resort & Conference Center.
With about 300 people in attendance, the celebration honored local businesses, nonprofit organizations and outstanding community leaders.
Winners received trophies, a certificate of special congressional recognition from U.S. Congressman Paul Gosar’s office and a certificate of achievement from the City of Prescott.
BUSINESS AWARDS 2018
1) Ambassador of the Year: Leland Moreno-Hilburn, senior partner with the Robb Group Economic Development and Business Growth Advisor, executive director of Eviation Aircraft Inc. and a licensed Realtor with CLA Realty
2) Chamber Board Member of the Year: Steve Walker, former Yavapai College vice president of advancement
3) Bagdad Business Coalition Business of the Year: Julie Anthes, owner of Junk-N-Treasure in Bagdad
4) Business Woman of the Year: Sara Murry, owner of Fancy That!.
5) Educator of the Year: Mardi Read
6) Emerging Business of the Year Findlay Automotive Group
7) Excellence in Arts & Culture: Sharlot Hall Museum
8) Excellence in Business: Arizona Public Service
9) Excellence in Dining: El Gato Azul
10) Excellence in Economic Development: Teri Drew, executive director of economic workforce development for the Northern Arizona Council of Governments.
11) Excellence in F/I/R/E: Yavapai Title Agency
12) Excellence in Healthcare: Dr. Hojat Askari, owner of Thumb Butte Medical Center
13) Excellence in Hospitality & Tourism: Ponderosa Hotel Management Services
14) Excellence in Philanthropy: Yavapai-Prescott Indian Tribe
15) Excellence in Small Business: Raskin’s Jewelers
16) Nonprofit Organization: Stepping Stones Agencies
17) Veteran Owned Business: Prescott Brewing Company