Originally Published: May 27, 2018 6 a.m.
Wendy Bridges, economic development coordinator for the City of Prescott, and Ben Hooper, economic development coordinator for the Town of Prescott Valley, have both been named winners of the Arizona Association for Economic Development’s (AAED) Economic Development Distinguished by Excellence (EDDE) Awards.
Bridges was named Economic Developer of the Year, Small Community, and Hooper was named New Member of the Year.
The EDDE Awards honor individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to the advancement of the organization and also to the economic growth within the state of Arizona. Recipients are selected from a pool of nominations made by members of AAED.
Bridges was recognized for her role in helping RESA Wear, a footwear company based in Prescott, obtain financing, create 30 new jobs and expand its footprint in Yavapai County. RESA Wear’s projected growth is expected to generate an additional 150 new jobs and further benefit the area by sourcing products from other Prescott companies.
Hooper was honored for his immediate impact on AAED within the first few months of joining the organization. He has become an active leader of AAED’s Northern Arizona Committee and was instrumental in organizing a Prescott Valley symposium titled, “The Economic and Community Value of Sports.” He also chaired the organization’s Fall Forum in Prescott.
More like this story
- NACOG receives award for economic development work
- Need2Know: American Craft Beer Week; economic development advocates awarded; Fann Contracting honored; Prescott Dentistry celebrates law enforcement
- State of the region's economy: Positive trends, optimistic outlook – but we need more labor
- Names in the News: PV has new economic guru
- Chamber Focus: Prescott Valley Rodeo Days