Originally Published: May 8, 2018 6:04 a.m.
A 12-year-old boy crossing Lakeshore Drive in Prescott Valley was struck and seriously injured on Monday, May 7, by a vehicle that allegedly left the scene, according to Sgt. Rob Brown, Prescott Valley Police Department traffic section supervisor.
The incident happened about 3 p.m., and, Brown said, the boy was in a marked crosswalk at Lakeshore Drive and Lake Valley Road.
A passing motorist, who saw the crash, followed the vehicle as it left the scene and reported the location to police.
Brown said police made contact with the suspect, whose name he was unable to release by press time.
Charges had not been filed as of Monday evening.
More like this story
- Child struck, seriously injured in alleged hit-and-run crash
- Driver who allegedly struck boy crossing street was 16 years old
- PVPD Lifesaving Award recognizes actions of Frost, Brown at separate accident scenes
- PV coming together to pray for boy struck by vehicle
- Prescott Valley woman pushed from moving car