Originally Published: March 23, 2018 6:04 a.m.
KINGMAN — Bradshaw Mountain’s baseball team couldn’t snap out of its funk Thursday afternoon, succumbing to Lee Williams, 9-2, to lose its fourth straight 4A Grand Canyon region contest Thursday afternoon in Kingman.
The Bears’ record slid to 2-4 overall in power-point games and 1-4 in region. Lee Williams improved to 4-4 and 3-1.
Bradshaw struggled at the dish, compiling only four hits on the day. Travis Robinson led the visitors by going 2 for 3 with two doubles. Jacob Platt tallied his first hit in a varsity uniform, which was a single.
Bradshaw Mountain resumes region action when the squad travels to Cottonwood to battle Mingus Union (6-2 in power-point games, 2-0 in Grand Canyon) at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, March 27.
Lee Williams plays host to Flagstaff (4-0, 3-0) for its next region contest at 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, March 28, in Kingman.
The Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) will release its first power-point rankings for 4A on March 28, too.
More like this story
- Prep Baseball: Bradshaw Mountain to play for Best of West title in Peoria
- Prep Baseball: Barros notches 14 strikeouts in Bears’ 5-0 win over Coco
- Flagstaff cruises past Bears, 8-1
- Bears claw closer to hosting state play-in game, beat Vols 46-38
- Preview: Bradshaw Mountain football opens region play, seeks first 5-0 start in 32 years