Originally Published: March 22, 2018 5:55 a.m.
In an effort to help City of Prescott residents properly dispose of large trash items, the City’s Solid Waste Division is conducting its annual bulk-item cleanup, starting Monday, March 26.
The schedule is as follows:
• Monday routes will be picked up starting 3/26.
• Tuesday routes will be picked up starting 4/2.
• Wednesday routes will be picked up starting 4/9.
• Thursday routes will be picked up starting 4/16.
• Friday routes will be picked up starting 4/23.
A news release from the City lists guidelines for the cleanup, including the following:
• All items must be curbside by 6 a.m. Monday of the designated week.
• All materials must be bagged, boxed or bundled for collection.
• Tree limbs and lumber must be cut to four-foot lengths and tied.
• Items must not weigh more than 50 pounds.
• No tires, oil or lead acid type batteries will be collected.
• No liquid paint, pesticides or other household hazardous wastes will be collected.
• No contractor or demolition debris will be collected.
• Appliances containing, or which have contained chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) -- also known by the brand name Freon -- must be accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFCs have been evacuated. Compressors and motors must be removed.
The news release adds that City crews will sweep through neighborhoods one time only, and the route will be completed by Friday each week.
More information is available by contacting the City of Prescott Transfer Station, 928-777-1116, or by going to the city’s website, www.prescott-az.gov, and selecting “Services & Safety.”