Originally Published: March 8, 2018 6 a.m.
Cordes Lakes Library Volunteer Rochelle Dekarske stopped by the West Yavapai Guidance Clinic Prescott Valley March 7 with a donation of children’s books for the outpatient counseling center’s lobby. “As a library volunteer, I read to both preschool age children and after-school students - grades 3, 4 and 5 - every week,” Dekarske said. “I enjoy creating and presenting activities with a theme built around the books we share.
The Cordes Lakes Library is open Monday through Thursday 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is located on Cordes Lakes Drive.
“The library receives many donated books. After a book has been enjoyed and shared so many times, we find that the book is ready for a new home. This makes room for newer books that haven’t yet been enjoyed at the library,” Dekarske said.
The nonprofit West Yavapai Guidance Clinic offers books in its Prescott Valley lobby for children to read while waiting, or take home and enjoy later. The generous donation from Cordes Lakes Library filled up the shelves to the smiles of both staff and children. For more information on WYGC, go to wygc.org
Picture Caption: Rochelle Dekarske (left) delivers the donation from Cordes Lakes Library to Laura Norman at West Yavapai Guidance Clinic’s Prescott Valley outpatient center.
More like this story
- Acorn Montessori student community outreach program produces bookshelf for West Yavapai Guidance Clinic
- West Yavapai Guidance Clinic gets new mural in meeting room
- Local health clinic calling on community for volunteers
- Community News: The West Yavapai Guidance Clinic Foundation and CakeWorks Library Café to honor mentorship
- Letter: Clinic's corner now makes good impression