RENO, Nev. — Jordan Davis scored 21 points to lead four in double-figure scoring as Northern Colorado rolled to an 82-59 victory over Northern Arizona on Tuesday in the first round of the Big Sky Conference Tournament.
The fifth-seeded Bears (21-10) will face fourth-seeded Weber State (20-10) in a Thursday quarterfinal.
Davis capped his scoring by driving the lane for an emphatic dunk over a defender with 5:30 to play. Anthony Johnson added 17 points and Jonah Radebaugh and Andre Spight chipped in 12 apiece for Northern Colorado, which won its first Big Sky Conference Tournament game since beating the Lumberjacks 62-60 in 2014.
Spight, the conference’s Newcomer of the Year, now has 698 career points and surpassed Devon Beitzel to become the program’s single-season scoring leader with his first bucket of the game.
Corey Brown scored 13 points for the No. 12-seeded Northern Arizona (5-27) club.
More like this story
- Northern Arizona victory denies EWU share of Big Sky title
- NAU’s Rader voted Big Sky outstanding freshman
- No. 2 Michigan State wraps up Big Ten title in trying season
- Roundup: Marshall stops No. 4-seed Wichita State for its first NCAA Tournament win
- NCAA Rundown - Friday: Freshmen lead Kentucky over Northern Kentucky, 79-70