Originally Published: June 24, 2018 6:02 a.m.
Rumor patrol: Owner of Prescott Junction restaurant mulls sale
Answering the rumor that his restaurant is up for sale, Don Burton said, “We’re contemplating (a sale). I’m thinking about it. I’m going to be 72 this year. But we have not listed it yet. We’re in pre-discussion.”
Located at 1121 E. Sheldon St., Don and his wife, Nancy, shifted it from a JB’s Restaurant franchise to an independent local business in 2014. They’ve owned the restaurant for nearly a quarter-century, and Don worked with JB’s for more than 50 years.
Prescott Junction restaurant sits near the intersection of highways 69 and 89, and is often one of the first businesses travelers see when entering Prescott.
The Event Spot now open in Prescott Valley
The Event Spot, a new meeting and event venue, is now open at 6520 E. 1st Street, Suite B, in Prescott Valley.
The facility is a 4,000-square-foot space, with a 3,000-square-foot main room, and a 250-square-foot breakout room, large patios and a catering kitchen. The space includes live conferencing on the five 75-inch flat monitors and sound system. Owned by area businessman Ken Foote, the space is intended to meet a need for medium-size venues. For more information, call 928-772-1982.
Edelweiss Boutique keeps going in new location with new owner
The Edelweiss Boutique, which closed at its long-time location at 113 Goodwin St. when owner DeLaine Noe retired, then re-opened at 826 W. Gurley St., when Noe came out of retirement a year later, has a new owner. Je Ni McKay offers a selection of handmade jewelry, clothing and home décor. The shop specializes in various brands, including Prairie Cotton, Habitat, Caite, Jack Black and Thymes. For more information, call 928-776-0156.
To submit items for the Courier’s Need2Know, email email@example.com; for legal advertisements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Need2Know: Biddle Outdoor, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Coldwater Creek, Hugo's, Christina'z Boutique, Edelweiss, Tara Thai, Natural Healing are making moves
- Need2Know: Slow sales to shutter Ortega’s Traders, Whiskey Row restaurant on the market, and MSCO closing Cortez Street gallery
- Need2Know: Downtown Greek Pitas to close; Pasghetti’s brings Italian food to Chino Valley
- Need2Know: Two Mamas, All Natural Cosmetics, rumors, warehouses & Specialized Beauty
- Chew on This: JB's becomes Prescott Junction Restaurant