Originally Published: June 23, 2018 6:01 a.m.
FLAGSTAFF — Flagstaff has canceled its annual fireworks display because of extreme fire danger.
The city has been under fire restrictions that prohibit the sale and use of consumer-grade fireworks since late May. Conditions are expected to stay dry with no rain in sight.
Flagstaff will mark the July Fourth holiday with a parade, concert and activities outside a local restaurant.
City spokeswoman Claire Harper said Friday the city had not purchased the fireworks before deciding to cancel the display.
Fireworks shows also have been canceled in Williams and Cave Creek.
More like this story
- City says 'fireworks are a go'
- July 4 fireworks may return to downtown Prescott this year
- Prescott Valley fireworks is on; Prescott’s display is canceled
- City of Prescott OKs Fourth of July fireworks display
- Drought could curtail rockets' red glare this July 4<BR>Prescott waiting to decide on safety of fireworks display