Originally Published: June 15, 2018 2:09 p.m.
Updated as of Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:20 AM
For anyone who tried driving along Willow Creek Road in Prescott between Sunday and Friday, June 10-15, likely idled in traffic for far longer than they ever wished to.
“This week has been pretty tough with a full pavement reconstruction from Willow Lake Road to Mitchell Road,” said Tim Sherwood, construction services administrator with the City of Prescott.
Fortunately, the worst of the road work in that stretch is over, Sherwood said.
“All of the paving operations on Willow Creek Road are finished,” he said Friday afternoon.
Next week, crews will be raising the utilities (manholes, water valves, etc.) back to grade, “but that’s much, much, much less impact on traffic,” Sherwood said.
Also, according to a news release from the City of Prescott, crews will be striping the roadway over the next two weeks. The impacts are expected to be from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday through Thursday, June 17-28. One lane of traffic will remain open in both directions at all times, however, motorists are asked to be aware of lane restrictions, reduced speeds, and flagging operations throughout the work zone.
To view this week's Roadwork in Brief, CLICK HERE.
More like this story
- Roadwork in Brief: May 29, 2018
- Roadwork in Brief: Rosser, Dexter Neighborhood, Pavement Rehabilitation and more
- Roadwork in Brief: Bashford Courts Alley, Willis & Cortez Street, Rosser Street, pavement rehabilitation and more
- Commerce Drive paving operations to begin Dec. 27
- Roadwork in Brief: Marina Street, Phippen roundabout, Dexter, and more