Originally Published: June 12, 2018 6:02 a.m.
This presentation is sponsored by the Senior Connection Speakers Bureau and set for noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, June 14, at Prescott Valley Christian Church, 7655 E. Long Look Drive.
Susan Drysdale, Ph.D., a psychotherapist specializing in bereavement, will discuss coping strategies to manage the losses and transitions encountered in life. She will address the steps and stages of grief, the benefits of social time vs. alone time, what people generally need when dealing with loss, the difference between “normal” and complicated bereavement issues and when to seek professional help.
There is no charge to attend, but RSVPs are recommended, in email to Debbie@SeniorConnection.us or by calling 928-778-3747.
For a complete schedule of upcoming presentations, see the website www.SeniorConnection.us/speakersbureau.html.
More like this story
- Supporting widowed friends – you can make a difference
- Senior Connection talk addresses ‘Activities to Boost Brain Health’
- Presentation tackles challenges of life as a senior
- ‘Understanding Alzheimer’s’ presentation set for Nov. 9
- Senior Connection presentation on free captioned phone equipment set for April 14 in Prescott Valley