Originally Published: July 8, 2018 6:04 a.m.
Apartment construction back on, says developer
The apartment complex at 3137 Willow Creek Road, which has had a troubled past and remains unfinished, is now set for a spring 2019 opening, said Patty Johnson, a representative of the developer, Copper Tree Construction Company.
The project, which originally broke ground in late-summer 2015, came to a complete halt in the spring of 2017, shortly before it was supposed to be complete.
While it’s unclear exactly what happened, Ed Cabrera with HUD told the Courier last year that construction issues were identified and a stop work order was issued by the City of Prescott.
Johnson said, “We had some issues with the original contractor on the project, which caused some delays,” and work had stopped at the site but has now resumed.
“We’re hoping to be able to start taking reservations (for apartments) … late Fall of this year,” she said.
Hotshots Learning and Tribute Center now open
The long-awaited public display of the items left on the chain-link fence of Prescott Fire Station 7, the home of the Granite Mountain Hotshots, as well as an array of other artifacts that have been received in the aftermath of the tragedy, is now open inside the Prescott Gateway Mall, near Dillard’s.
Over 500 T-shirts left on the fence form the backdrop of exhibits highlighting the 19 as firefighters, the history of hotshots, wildland fire safety and stunning tributes produced in the five years since their deaths fighting the Yarnell Hill Fire.
Displays will be rotated periodically, the city said. Hours are Fridays and Saturdays, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sundays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Rumor patrol: Farm Provisions restaurant not closing
Farm Provisions, the restaurant that opened in May at 148 N. Montezuma St. in Prescott, is not closing, despite a rumor that it is.
Co-owner Brittany Peters said, “We are definitely not closing down. Business is extremely busy.”
For more information or to make reservations, call 928-776-3001.
To submit items for the Courier’s Need2Know, email email@example.com; for legal advertisements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Need2Know: Blimpie Sub Shop closes
- Need2Know: Two more Alfonso’s are still on the way; McDonald’s leaving Prescott Walmart; and Ace takes over where Frank & Jesse James Moving left off
- Need2Know: Farm Provisions restaurant opens in downtown Prescott; Prescott True Value wins company “Best Hardware Store in Town” award
- Need2Know: FooteWork celebrating 20 years; Sam’s has not sold; Golden Nugget rentals holds open house; Northern Arizona Pain Institute offers new treatment
- Need2Know: Dutch Bros.; new flight simulators; arts & crafts; and Fifty Plus Care in Prescott