Originally Published: January 18, 2018 5:55 a.m.
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a Flagstaff elementary school teacher has been arrested on suspicion of child molestation and sexual conduct with a minor.
Flagstaff police say 37-year-old Ted Komada was taken into custody Sunday, released after his initial court appearance and then arrested again.
He submitted his resignation last weekend to the Flagstaff Unified School District.
Komada is being held at the Coconino County Jail on a $25,000 bond.
It was unclear Wednesday if he has a lawyer yet.
The Flagstaff Daily Sun reports Komada was a teacher and chess coach at Killip Elementary School and had been at the school for 14 years.
Police say the alleged incidents occurred outside of the school setting, but didn't release any details.
More like this story
- Arizona in Brief: Arizona group: Border agents ruined migrant provisions
- Arizona teacher pleads guilty to sex with exchange student
- Tempe man accused of sexual exploitation, weapons violations
- Ex-high school teacher from Prescott Valley arrested for alleged sexual conduct with a student
- Police arrest guard in child molestation investigation