Originally Published: January 2, 2018 5 a.m.
PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona environmental officials say air quality in the Phoenix area is expected to improve after very unhealthy conditions on New Year’s Day.
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality issued a high pollution advisory Monday for fine particular matter levels and urging the people to avoid outdoor exertion. Air quality reached the “very unhealthy category.”
Conditions on Tuesday are expected to improve, though people with respiratory problems were advised to limit lengthy outdoor activity.
Officials say people with heart or lung diseases, older adults and children are most likely to be affected by particle pollution.
More like this story
- Arizona environmental agency issues high pollution advisory
- Phoenix area gets ozone advisories the last 11 days
- Arizona in Brief: 12 injured in truck rollover on Pinal County ostrich farm
- High pollution advisory has been issued for Maricopa County
- State now offers current Prescott air quality info online