In response to the tragic shooting in Florida, Prescott High School students on Wednesday will watch a video discussing the emergency procedures and then during their fourth and fifth periods — 11:11 a.m. to 12:29 p.m. — will have a lockdown drill.
After the drill, the school administrators will do a follow up announcement with students. School office staff will participate in the drill and so during that time the phones will not be answered. Parents will all receive an email about the drill. “Our thoughts are with all of those who were involved in the Florida tragedy,” a school announcement said. The high school’s emergency information can be found on its website: www.prescottschools.com.
More like this story
- Students take part in drill as practice
- Official: Shotgun in guitar case was used in school shooting April 20
- Teacher barricades himself in class, fires gun; no one hurt
- Bergner: Florida shooting revealing our finger-pointing society
- Update: Gunman opens fire in Texas high school, killing 10, possible explosive devices found