Originally Published: December 8, 2018 4:18 p.m.
Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters received a $1,000 donation from the American Family Insurance Dreams Foundation in November.
The Foundation asked customers to nominate nonprofit organizations in their communities as a way to say thank you and give back. The Foundation is giving a total of $250,000 to 250 nonprofit organizations across the U.S.
Starla Miles nominated Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters because it helps children and their families and children are the future. “We’re thankful for the opportunity to support our local communities,” says American Family Agent Tim McShane. “We’re proud to make this donation and hope others will be inspired to do the same.”
See video about the American Family Insurance Dreams Foundation
More like this story
- YCCF to honor philanthropy at Joy of Giving dinner
- Arizona Charitable Tax Credit program is way to answer needs
- West Yavapai Guidance Clinic Foundation participates in Arizona Gives Day, April 7
- PUSD Education Foundation to honor Prescott school district's teachers
- Community: Local philanthropists to be honored at Joy of Giving dinner