Originally Published: December 7, 2018 8:59 p.m.
Updated as of Saturday, December 8, 2018 6:22 AM
Emergency personnel from Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority (CAFMA), Prescott Valley Police and Lifeline Ambulance responded to a reported explosion about 8:45 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at a residential triplex in the 8400 block of Lakeshore Drive in Prescott Valley.
No one was found to be injured but the building had “obvious structural damage indicative of an explosion,” said CAFMA Fire Marshall Rick Chase.
“There was also light smoke showing from the eves of the roof and gable vents of the building,” Chase said. “Unit A had a small interior fire, which crews were able to quickly extinguish.”
Firefighters used meters to monitor the air and found no reportable quantities of natural gas, Chase said. The gas and electric companies responded to the scene and disconnected the meters. Crews used thermal imager cameras to ensure there were no hot spots or hidden fire.
The Prescott Valley Building Department tagged the residence as unsafe to enter, and Arizona Crisis Team members were on the scene assisting residents.
What exactly occurred at the home is still under investigation, Chase said.