Photo by Les Stukenberg.
Originally Published: December 6, 2018 9:45 p.m.
Updated as of Friday, December 7, 2018 10:24 AM
Emergency personnel from Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority (CAFMA), Prescott Valley Police and Lifeline Ambulance responded to a reported explosion at a resident triplex in the 8400 block of Lakeshore Drive in Prescott Valley at about 8:45 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6.
Though no one was found to be injured, the building had "obvious structural damage indicative of an explosion," said CAFMA Fire Marshall Rick Chase.
"There was also light smoke showing from the eves of the roof and gable vents of the building," Chase said. "Unit A had a small interior fire which crews were able to quickly extinguish."
Air monitoring with meters were performed by firefighters with no reportable quantities of natural gas, Chase said. The gas and electric companies responded to the the scene and disconnected the gas and electric meters. Crews used thermal imager cameras to ensure there were no hot spots or hidden fire.
The Prescott Valley Building Department tagged the residence as unsafe to enter and Arizona Crisis Team members were on the scene assisting the residents.
What exactly occurred at the home is still under investigation, Chase said.