Originally Published: August 18, 2018 12:01 p.m.
SCOTTSDALE — A Scottsdale-area resort closed Aug. 11 because of storm flooding and damage is postponing its reopening.
The Talking Stick Resort and Casino on the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community had planned to reopen Aug. 19 but now says it needs more time to complete repairs and replace damaged equipment.
The resort's announcement Friday didn't provide a new date for reopening.
The flooding forced hundreds of guests and employees to evacuate the resort's hotel and casino.
More like this story
- Nation: Hurricane Irene spares East Coast from worst forecasts
- Monsoon flooding postpones opening of historic Castle Hot Springs
- Hawaii emerges from threat as storm veers away from islands
- Arizona canyon famed for waterfalls to reopen Saturday after flooding
- Deep South flooding: 22 public schools can't reopen next week