Originally Published: September 13, 2017 6 a.m.
The bridge on Old Highway 89 at Sullivan Lake is historical and needs to be preserved. It is the northern route for many residents traveling to Highway 89. Closing it would cause a loss of life-saving time for medical emergency and it is an alternate route if there is an accident on Highway 89.
More like this story
- Chino Valley may need to close Old Highway 89 bridge
- Days Past: History along Route 89 from Chino Valley to Ash Fork: Part II
- Expect delays: Final Hell Canyon bridge demolition is Friday morning
- Williamson Valley Road up for historic route consideration
- Ash Fork steeped in history, memories of the Escalante